Rahman, Md. ArafaturLecturer in MathematicsMobile : +8801521560820, +8801719651527Email : email@example.com
M.S. in Applied Mathematics , University of Dhaka
B.S.(Hons.) in Mathematics, University of Dhaka
- Financial risk management
- Option and derivative pricing
- Stochastic modelling
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Numerical analysis
Lecturer – Mathematics in UIU from June 2015.
Teaching Assistant in BRAC University from Feb 2015-May 2015.
- Sharif Mozumder, Arafatur Rahman, “Market risk of investment in US subprime crisis: Comparison of a pure diffusion and a pure jump model”, Annals of financial Economics, Vol: 11, No: 03, (DOI: 10.1142/S2010495216500135).
- Sharif Mozumder, Arafatur Rahman, SadiaTasnim, “Risk Measures for Risk-less Investments: A Verification” International Journal of Sciences and Applied Research, IJSAR, 2(5), 2015; pp: 11-15.
- Mazharul Anwar, Sharif Mozumder, Arafatur Rahman. “Alternative approximations to Cobb-Douglas production function: A revisit”International Journal of Sciences and Applied Research, IJSAR, 2(6), 2015; pp: 05-17.
- Sharif Mozumder, Shahadat Hossain, Sadia Tasnim and Arafatur Rahman, Numerical Schemes and Monte Carlo Method for Black and Scholes Partial Differential Equation: A Comparative Note. Universal Journal of Computational Mathematics,2015, 3(4), pp.50-55.
- Deans award 2013 of Science faculty for outstanding result at B.S (Hons.) level.
- National Science and Technology (NST) fellowship for M.S. thesis work.
- ImdadSitara Khan fellowship at B.S.(Hons) level for H.S.C. result.
- Education board scholarships for S.S.C and H.S.C. results.
Room No. 404
Campus 1, UIU