Uddin, MahtabAsst. Professor - MathematicsMobile : +8801550605560, +8801615605560Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.orgExt : 6104
Modeling of System and Control theory. Applications of Numerical Linear Algebra and Model Order Reduction techniques. Computational analysis of the behaviors of the systems arising from large-scale engineering applications.
M.Phil in Applied Mathematics (2020), BUET
Thesis Title: Numerical Study on Continuous-time Algebraic Riccati Equations arising from Large-Scale Sparse Descriptor Systems
M.S in Pure Mathematics (2011), University of Chittagong.
Thesis Title: Study on Different Numerical Methods for Solving Differential Equations
B.Sc (Hons) in Mathematics (2009), University of Chittagong.
H.S.C (Science group, 2004), Noakhali Govt. College, Comilla Board.
S.S.C (Science group, 2002), Muslimabad High School, Comilla Board.
1. Serving as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics at Institute of Natural Sciences, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 9 June 2018.
2. Served as a Lecturer in Mathematics at Institute of Natural Sciences, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 13 November 2013 to 8 June 2018.
3. Served as a Lecturer in Mathematics at Department of Natural Sciences, Stamford University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 17 April, 2013 to 22 October, 2013.
4. Served as a Lecturer in Mathematics at Department of Mathematics, Nandiapara Birshrestha Ruhul Amin Degree college, Noakhali, Bangladesh from 24 August 2011 to 15 April 2013.
- Motlubar Rahman, Mohammad Monir Uddin, Laek Sazzad Andallah, and Mahtab Uddin, “Interpolatory Projection Techniques for H2 Optimal Structure-Preserving Model Order Reduction of Second-Order Systems”, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, Volume 5, Issue 4, August 2020, pp.715-723.
- K. Azad, M. M. Rahman, Salma Parvin, Mahtab Uddin, and M. R. Islam. Effect of Joule parameter on MHD mixed convection in an open channel with semi-circular heater on the bottom wall. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2020, pp.113-121.
- Mahtab Uddin, M.I. Adnan, and L.C. Das. An algorithm for index numbers using average weighted base. International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 4, October 2018, pp.14-20.
- Mahtab Uddin, Mushfika Hossain, and Md. Rashedul Islam. Extrapolation formulae by parameterizations and their comparative analysis. The Electronic Journal of Mathematics and Technology, Volume 11, Issue 1, February 2017, pp.50-57.
- Mahtab Uddin. Five point Predictor-Corrector formulae and their comparative analysis. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, Volume. 8, Issue. 1, September 2014, pp.195–203.
- Mahtab Uddin and M.A. Ullah. An approach to generalized extrapolation formula based on rate of changes (derivatives). American International Journal of Research in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, Volume 3, Issue 2, June-August 2013, pp.169-175.
- Mahtab Uddin and M.A. Ullah. A modified predictor-corrector formula for solving ordinary differential equation of first order and first degree. International organization of scientific research, Volume 5, Issue 5, January-February 2013, pp.21-26.
- Md. Wakil Ahmad, Md. Easin Arafat, S.M. Shovan, Mahtab Uddin, Omar Faruq Osama, and Swakkhar Shatabda. “Enhanced Prediction of Lysine Propionylation Sites using Bi-peptide Evolutionary Features Resolving Data Imbalance”. 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TenSymp), IEEE, 05-07 June 2020.
- Mahtab Uddin, A. Hakim Khan, and M. Monir Uddin. “Efficient computation of Riccati-based optimal control for power system models”. 2019 International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), IEEE, 18-20 December 2019.
- Mahtab Uddin, A. Hakim Khan, and M. Monir Uddin. “Effect of shift parameters in Rational Krylov Subspace Method (RKSM) for Riccati equations arise from power system models”. 2019 International Mathematics Conference, Bangladesh Mathematical Society, 06-08 December 2019.
- M. Motlubar Rahman, L. S. Andallah, M. Monir Uddin, and Mahtab Uddin, “Structure-Preserving Model Order Reduction (SPMOR) of second-order systems using Iterative Rational Krylov Algorithm (IRKA)”, International Mathematics Conference, Bangladesh Mathematical Society, 06-08 December 2019.
- Mahtab Uddin, A. Hakim Khan, and M. Monir Uddin. “Riccati based optimal control for linear quadratic regulator problems”. 2019 5th International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering (ICAEE), IEEE, 26-28 September 2019.
- Computation of Optimal Control for Differential-Algebraic Equations (DAE) with Engineering Applications. This project is funded by United International University. It starts from October 01, 2019, and reference IAR/01/19/SE/18.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) Scholarship-2009 for the excellence in 4-years integrated B.Sc. (Honors) program.
- Best Organizer in 2nd IBRO-APRC, 2019.
|Application Software||MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.|
|Programming Language||Matlab, Mathematica, C, C++ and FORTRAN.|
|Graphic Utility||Comsol and TecPlot|
I have secured IELTS band score 6.5
- Organizing member of the “2nd IBRO-APRC Bangladesh Associate School of Neuroscience: Fundamental of Neuroscience, Neural Disorders and Neural Engineering-2019” at “United International University” during 04th-08th December, 2019.
- Organizing member of the “1st IBRO-APRC Bangladesh Associate School of Neuroscience: Translational Neuroscience and Research-2017 & Brain Symposiam-2017” at “United International University” during 23rd-27th September, 2017.
- Organizing member of the “International Conference on Medical Engineering, Health Informatics and Technology-2016” at “United International University” during 17th-18th December, 2016.
- Member of the “Question Moderation” committee.
- Member of the team Selection committee for “National Undergraduate Mathematics Olympiad”.
- International Workshop on “Computer Vision and Application” (IWCVA), held on December 19, 2019 at “South-East University”.
- Workshop on “Active Learning: Some Determinants”, held on July 27, 2017 at “United International University”.
- Seminar on “Cracking a Design Problem”, held on February 11, 2017 at “United International University”.
- Seminar on Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) for 21st Century Learners: Opportunities, Challenges and Strategies, held on 3rd December, 2016 at “United International University”.
- Workshop on Assessment Strategies, held on 2nd April, 2016 at “United International University”.
- A faculty development program; “Centre for Excellence”, held from April 27, 2013 to May 04, 2013 at “Stamford University Bangladesh”.