|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)[Astrophysics]||Year of Completion: 2004||Kobe University, Kobe, Japan.|
|Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) [Atmospheric Physics]||Year of Completion: 1999||Bangladesh University Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka|
|Master of Science (M. Sc)[Physics]||Year of Completion: 1993 (Held in 1996)||Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka|
|Bachelor of Science (B. Sc Hons.)[Physics]||Year of Completion: 1992( Held in 1995)||Jahangirnagar University, Savar Dhaka.|
|Feb.22, 1997 – May 27, 1999||Lecturer, Dept. Physics, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet.|
|May28, 1999 –Oct.31, 2000||Assistant Professor, Dept. Physics, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet.|
|Oct.1, 2000 – March31, 2004||Ph. D fellow, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan.|
|April1, 2004 – May1, 2007||Assistant Professor, Dept. Physics, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet.|
|May2, 2007 – Aug. 22, 2009||Associate Professor, Dept. Physics, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet.|
|Oct.28, 2006 – Jan. 31, 2010||Associate Professor, Institute of Natural Sciences (INS),United International University, Dhaka|
|Feb 1, 2010 – Till Date||Professor, Institute of Natural Sciences (INS), United International University, Dhaka|
- Theoretical treatment of light scattering by small irregular shaped particles.
- Perturbation forces on small bodies in the Solar System
- Origin and evolution of planetary materials.
1. Md. Nazrul Islam and M. A Saklayen ‘Study of the Atmospheric Energy Fluxes during Break Monsoon in Bangladesh’ Bangladesh J. of Sci. & Tech. 2(2), 185-194, 2000.
2. M. N Islam, M. A Saklayen, M. K Alam, S. M. A Islam, M. A Zaman and M. H Ahsan ‘Study of Corrosion of Aluminum Using Neutron Radiography Technique’ Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 38, 670-674, 2000.
3. M. A Saklayen and Tadashi Mukai ‘ Orbital Variation of the Rotating Non-spherical Dust Grains Due to Change of the Solar Radiation Forces by Shape Effect’ Earth, Planet and Space 56, 613-620, 2004.
4. M. N Islam, Jahanara Begum, M. K Alam, M. A Saklayen, S. M. A Islam, M. A Zaman and M. H Ahsan ‘A Study of Quality of Rubber Using Neutron Radiography’ Jahag. Phys. Studs. 9, 1-8, 2001.
5. Dey, Ripon Kumar and M.A. Saklayen ‘Radiation pressure force on non-spherical (Disk-type) dust particle for equivalent radii aeff from 0.01 m to 1.0 m of water ice in comparison with magnetite and silicate using Discrete Dipole Approximation (DDA) method’ J Appl Sci Res 4 (11), 1344-1351, 2008
6. M. H Ahsan, A. K. M Azad Rahman and M. A Saklayen ‘Design of a Small Scale Neutron Radiography Facility Using 252Cf Neutron Source For Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh’ SUST Stud., 8 (2), 48-53, 2008.
7. Jannatun Nayeem, M. A Salek, M. M Anwar and M.A Saklayen ‘ A New Tri-Merge Sorting Algorithm’ ICECC, University of Rajshahi, 520-523, 2008.
8. M. A Saklayen, Arika Higuchi, Natsumi Tomita, P. S Lykawaka and Tadashi Mukai ‘Perturbation Forces on Small Asteroids’ Lunar and Planetary Sci. XXXV 150-153, 2002.
9. M. A Saklayen and Tadashi Mukai ‘Orbital Evolution of Sub-micron Size Non-spherical Particles in the Asteroid dust Band’ Lunar and Planetary Sci. XXXVI 165-169, 2003.
10. Saklayen Md. Abu and Mukai Tdashi “ The Yarkovsky effect on the asteroid with inhomogeneous surface albedo revised” Planetary Science Conference, Olympic Center, Tokyo, [Abstract]Aug. 19-22, 2002
11. M. A Saklayen and T Mukai, “ Bound-Escape Orbit of Interplanetary Small Dust Particles” Planetary Science Conference, Olympic Center Tokyo, [Abstract]Aug. 21-24, 2003
12. M. A Saklayen, J. Begum, Md. Nazrul Islam and A Habib ‘Dynamics of Monsoon System Covering Onset and Withdrawal Phases’ 20th Bangladesh Sci. Conf. Proc. Part-2, 139-143, 1998.
13. J. Begum, M. A Saklayen, Md. Nazrul Islam and A Habib ‘Variation of Troposheric Energy Fluxes During Severe Cyclone Affecting Bangladesh Coast in the Last Decade’ 20th Bangladesh Sci. Conf. Proc. Part-2, 451-456, 1998.
14. Md. Nazrul Islam and M. A Saklayen ‘Studying on Energy Fluxes and Monsoon in Bangladesh’ 3rd Int. Conf. on Fluid Mech. Proc. 134-140, 1999.
15. M. A Saklayen and Md. Nazrul Islam ‘On the Study of Monsoon Withdrawal in Bangladesh’ 7th Bangladesh Physical Society Conf. 84-87, 1999.
16. M. H Ahsan, and M. A Saklayen ‘Design of a Portable Neutron Radiography Facility Using 252Cf Neutron Source” International Conf. Neutron Radiography, Osaka, Japan. [Poster Presentation]
17. M. A Saklayen, Md. Mahmuduzzaman and M. H Ahsan “Bound Orbit of Sub-micron Size Non-spherical Silicate Dust Particles in the Dust Band of the Asteroid Belt” SUST Studies, 12, 1, 40-47, 2010
18. M. N Islam, M. A Saklayen and A. B M. A. S Miah “Distribution of total Atmospheric Energy at 700mb level of Bangladesh” International Conf. on Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Physics 101-105, 2002.
19. A T M Safiul Azam and M. A Saklayen “Seasonal Variation of Latent Heat Flux In Bangladesh” 16th Mathematics Conf. BUET, Dec 17-19, 2009
20. Ripon Dey and M A Saklayen “ Radiation Pressure force on Non-Spherical (Disk Type) Dust Particles” Lambert Academic Publication(2010-10-05) – ISBN-13 : 978-3-8433-6173-6
21. M. A Saklayen “Bound orbit of Sub-Micron Size Non-spherical Absorbing Dust Particle in the Asteroid Dust Band” BPS Conf. BUET, Feb 10-11, 2011
22. A T M Safiul Azam and M. A Saklayen “Variation of Atmospheric Heat Energy its Components and their Fluxes in Different seasons in Bangladesh” BPS Conf. BUET, Feb 10-11, 2011
23. M A Saklayen “Bound – Escape trajectory of Non-spherical Absorbing Interplanetary Dust” NCAP, SUST, Feb. 28-29, 2012.
24. U.M Sharif, M.M Rahman, M. A Saklayen, M. M Billah and M Elias “A Numerical Study of Assisting MHD Mixed Convection Inside a Ventilated Cavity” Eng. e-Transn. 7(1) 2012.
Dec. 20, 2006 – June 30, 2014: Coordinator, Institute of Natural Sciences (INS), United International University, Dhaka
June 1, 2008 – Till Date: Proctor, United International University, Dhaka